1. What is a network account?
You will use your network account to log in to email, views, classroom, lab, and breakout computers.
3. What are the password requirements for my student network account?
For security purposes, your password must comply with the following requirements:
- must be at least 8 characters long
- may not contain portions of your username, first name or last name
- must contain a variation of at least 3 of the following: lowercase letters, uppercase letters, numbers, and/or symbols
- must not repeat any of your previous 5 passwords
Examples of valid passwords:
You can take a phrase like ‘greatidea” which is at least 8 characters long and modify it to meet our password complexity standards by:
- replacing letters with symbols and using upper and lowercase letters: Great!dea
- adding symbols and replacing letters with numbers: gr3at;id3a
- using lowercase letters, uppercase letters and adding symbols: GReatIDEA?
- using lowercase letters, uppercase letters and adding numbers: 1GreaTidea
7. How long is my network account active?
Student network accounts are active while you are enrolled at Cascadia Community College. Student accounts are temporarily deactivated between quarters and reactivated for enrolled students at the beginning of the quarter.
Email accounts, powered by Google, can be used as long as you'd like, as long as you are enrolled.
8. When do I receive my SID and PIN?
You are automatically issued a student ID (SID) and personal identification number (PIN) when you are accepted for admissions for credit classes or when you register at Cascadia Community College.
If you don’t know this information, please inquire at Enrollment Services in Kodiak Corner (on the 1st floor of the south end of the Cascadia Building).
10. I forgot my PIN. How do I find it?
Your personal number (PIN) is initially set as your birth date, using the MMDDYY format. If you don’t remember your current PIN, you must request a new PIN in person at the Enrollment Services in Kodiak Corner (on the 1st floor of the south end of the Cascadia Building). You should change your PIN on a regular basis to further protect your personal information.
12. Why am I asked to provide my birth date when signing up for a student account?
Your birth date is required as a piece of identification to verify you are who you say you are. The birth date you provide must match the information the college already has on file for you (which you provide to Cascadia when you register or apply the first time). The information you provide is encrypted and passed through a secure connection.